terms and conditions
In no event shall Bike Revo or it's associates/employees be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of it’s products.
Bike Revo or its associates/employees will not take any responsibility and or liability for any accident, misuse, abuse, loss, injury for or by the rider nor a third-party even if the cause is E-bike kit power, speed, components defect or malfunction.
If you buy an E-bike kit or parts with no installation and service or If the kit is installed by us, customer just take the E-bike from us and all responsibilities and liabilities about bike, E-bike components, brakes, bike mechanical parts and adjustments, electrical wirings, unforeseen occurrences, safety issues, maintenance and services, etc. is up to customer.
E-bike rider must obey all traffic regulations and is responsible to follow rules and updates for the kind of vehicle is using.
Safety warnings and tips:
- Check the wheel axle nuts every time before riding your bike. Make sure the nuts are tight and the wheel is secure. Wheel becoming lose may result in injuries.
- You should always wear a helmet while riding an E-bike.
- Maintain a reasonable tire pressure. Filling the tire to a very high pressure could cause the tube to explode, causing injuries.
- Do not ride the bicycle if the tire tube is deflated this may cause injuries
- Do not store battery in a moist or damp location this may cause damage to the battery and may result in fire.
- Do not leave the battery in rain this may cause damage to the battery and may result in fire.
- Do not use the battery charger in moist or damp location this may damage the charger and can cause injuries or fire.
- Do not drop the battery. Stop using the battery if the battery is damaged. Safely dispose the battery. Damages battery may result in fire.
- Do not short the battery or the battery charger. This may cause damage to the battery and may result in fire.
- Do not try to disassemble the battery or any other components in the kit. This may cause injuries or fire.
- Do not leave the battery in high temperature environment.
- Do not leave battery in the sun for too long.
- This E-bike kit is not to be used off road. For safe operation, ride on road/sidewalk type surfaces only.
The warnings/safety tips above are not complete. User should use common sense and do their own research before using the kit or/and battery and other products sold by Bike Revo.
Li-Ion battery Important Warning & Disclaimer
IMPORTANT!!! READ MANUAL in its entirety before use. Take proper precautions when handling Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries, as they are different than NiMH or NiCd batteries! Failure to follow these instructions can result in severe or permanent damage to battery, cause serious personal injury, or lead to fire.
Thank you for purchasing a Lithium-ion (Li-ion)/ battery. By purchasing this product, the buyer/user agrees that he/she has read and understood the safety precautions printed in this document, that he/she bares full responsibilities of these risks, and does not hold Bike Revo, its distributors, or its retailers responsible for any accidents, injury to persons, or property damage that may occur.
General Safety Guidelines
1) NEVER use a NiCd/NiMH charger to charge Li-ion/LiPo batteries. Use a charger designed for charge LiPo/Li-ion batteries only.
2) ALWAYS inspect the battery to ensure there are no signs of damage, deformity, or swelling before charging. If there are, do not continue charging the battery, and follow the proper procedures to dispose of the battery.
3) ALWAYS charge batteries in a fireproof container and away from combustible material. Do not charge on surfaces that can catch fire – this includes: wood, cloth, carpet, or in the application’s device.
4) NEVER charge batteries unattended. Always remain in constant observation of the charging process & react to potential problems that may occur.
5) NEVER charge a deformed, swollen or ballooned battery. Continuing to charge a battery that has begun to swell will result in a fire. Follow these steps:
- STOP the charging process by unplugging the charger, and disconnect the battery from it immediately
- Disconnect battery from the device immediately.
- Place it in an open non-flammable area.
- Watch it for approx. 30 minutes from a safe distance.
- Follow proper procedure to dispose of battery
6) NEVER allow the battery’s positive and negative leads to touch. This can cause the batteries to short and lead to fire!
7) If for any reason you need to cut the terminal wires of an assembled Li-ion battery pack, it will be necessary to cut each wire separately, ensuring the wires to not touch each other or a short may occur
8) Store Li-ion batteries in a cool, dry place between 40-80° F.
9) NEVER store Li-ion batteries in any locations that can exceed these temperatures such as a vehicle, garage, or in the sun.
10) Keep your batteries out of reach of children and pets.
Avoid Over-Discharging Li-ion
Over-discharging a Li-ion battery, or continuing to use the battery even after it is fully depleted (e.g. when it is below its minimum voltage level), can cause permanent damage to your battery.
Caution – Before Charging
1) Visually inspect your Li-ion battery for any damaged leads, connectors, shrink wrap, swelling of cells, or other irregularities.
2) If you find any of the above issues with your pack, stop using it at once.
Battery Maintenance & Handling
- Never dissemble existing Li-ion battery packs to mix with other Li-ion cells/packs.
Storage & Transportation
- Never store batteries near an open flame or heater.
- Store battery at room temperature between 40 and 80°F for best results.
- Do not expose battery pack to direct sunlight (heat) for extended periods of time
- When transporting or temporarily storing in a vehicle, temperature range should be greater than 20 °F but no more than 150°F.
- Storing battery at temperature greater than 170°F for extended periods of time (more than 2 hours) may cause damage to battery and possible fire.
- For long term storage, do not store them fully charged; it is recommended to fully charge and then discharge it to 50-60% of their capacity.
Battery Life & Disposal of Li-ion Batteries
Rechargeable Li-ion batteries do not last indefinitely. Batteries that have lost 20% of their initial capacity should be removed from service and disposed of properly.
If at any time you detect any physical damage to a Li-ion battery such as swollen cell, split, battery leak, or tear in the Li-ion covering, STOP and do not continue discharging the battery.
Information in this document is not complete. For safety the user must do their own research.
Proper Disposal of Li-ion battery:
Regulations and laws pertaining to the recycling and disposal of Li-ion/LiPo batteries vary from country to country as well as by province and local governments. You should check the laws and regulations where you live.